01 October, 2016

The 2-Cameras-Double-Exposure-Project. part 1.

Once more I found at the Mimapi Altertümchen some cool scrappy cameras. This time two battered Minolta SLRs, the classic 7000 AF and the spacy Dynax 8000i. Both camera bodies are already chipped, but both lenses are badly damaged. The Sigma 3.5-4.5/28-80mm of the Dynax 8000i still works, but the Minolta AF 4/35-70mm of the 7000 AF is only scrap.
In both cameras were still films, in the Dynax 8000i a Kodak 100 and in the 7000 AF a Kodak 200. Perhaps both of the Gold series.
I removed boths films and used them with my Pentax K1000 and the Sigma 4-5.6/55-200mm. It was not a odyssey like the one of film 119, but it was pure serendipity whether it is possible that something turns into cool pictures.

Last year I just made a 2-Cameras-Double-Exposure-Project. The film was a Kodak Gold II 200, which was in a Revue X-4M as I bought the camera and then I put it in a Praktica Super TL. But it didn't work as good as I wanted, just the following two pictures became good double exposures.

In the first part are coming now the pictures from the Minolta Dynax 8000i. Of course, I didn't know if and what pictures are on the film as I used it with the Pentax. Also I don't know who the photographer was.
In this case the photographer was in London and made great pictures from the city and in my opinion he had a very good eye. Unfortunately the double exposures don't overlap 100%, because the film was pulled differently in both cameras.

The double exposures are serendipity pure, and more serendpity is that we visited the René Groebli - Early works - 1945-1955 exhibition, where some really cool black&white photos of London were shown, in the in focus galerie in Cologne just one hour before we shot these double exposures.

No comments: