03 April, 2009

Grease and Photography!

It was a normal day in my life. I cooked fish sticks in my pan and ate them with potato salad as I watched the "gilmore girls".
The pan stood in the kitchen sink with the grease and water.
As I fetched an ice-cream out the refrigerator and saw the fantastic structure of the grease, which had a surrealistic touch, I had an idea.

I took 2 photo prints in the size 9x13cm and laid them into the grease. I thought that they would change a little bit, but nothing happened:


I ducked them and then I had the effect I wanted:



I shot a whole film with 36 frames. In 2008 I made a collage with some pictures in the size 9x13cm of this "bratenfett-session" or in other words of this "grease-session". I used thumbtacks to bracket them together:

"odyssey of the monoliths", brasil, 2008 _ inspired by Stanley Kubrick's movie "2001: A Space Odyssey"

No comments: